Solved: When entering capital gains, can I use the stock symbol instead of inputting the long name of the stock sold?

When entering capital gains, can I use the stock symbol instead of inputting the long name of the stock sold?

Here is the recommended description information from TurboTax, but you certainly can use the stock symbol instead of the long name. 

Enter a description of the investment sold. A broker may provide a description in Box 1a of Form 1099-B or equivalent. If this is a security normally sold in shares or units, we recommend including the number of shares/units in the description.

For example:

- 20 shares of XYZ Company

- 100 shares of S & P Index Mutual Fund

For example:

- 20 shares of XYZ Company

- 100 shares of S & P Index Mutual Fund