turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do i add travel expenses as a self employed business owner. We provide work nationwide and have a lot of hotel, airline, and rental car expenses.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Where do i add travel expenses as a self employed business owner. We provide work nationwide and have a lot of hotel, airline, and rental car expenses.

In the section for your business income and expenses click on Add expenses for this work

Scroll down and click on Less common expenses

TTO Business Travel.JPG

• Income and Expenses
  • Self-employment income and expenses
  • Enter the name of the business
  • On the list of expenses check Business Travel

Carl
Level 15

Note tha DoninGA is assuming you have a SCH C business. Your reference to "WE" provide work nationwide kind of insinuates you don't have a SCH C business, but have a partnership or higher instead. Therefore, if you're filing a 1065, 1120 or 1120-S the instructions of where to enter it will be different, as those types of tax returns can not be completed with the online version of the program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies