Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Error: Gross Sales Price shouldn't be less than zero

I would be great if we could get a reason why this was not fixed in a reasonable amount of time and a guarantee that it will be fixed next year. This is really ridiculous. 

You plan on using Turbo Trash next year after this garbage service? They promised you and the rest of us a fix 2 days ago and failed to deliver. There shouldn't even need to have been a fix. 

@rustbox70 

Just to give you a heads up, this same exact thing happened last year on the Federal, and I was "promised" by multiple people in the Office of the President that it would not be an issue this year. Well guess what-it is!

Last year I manually changed 186 entries by using the "changing to absolute value" workaround, and it took HOURS. This year luckily (what a weird word to be using) I only  have 87. But I will not be manually changing them one by one. And for anyone else that is thinking about doing that, understand that by doing so, your return will have different data than what your broker will be reporting, which is not a good thing...

I don't have a link, but the other option is to use a "summary" of transactions, and then upload the detail (your broker statement) to go along with your return. Apparently that is possible, but not something I have explored as of yet.

Does turbo tax want a lawsuit? At the very least we all deserve it fixed immediately and a refund.

richfinna
Returning Member

Whats the workaround?

richfinna
Returning Member

Simple Fix, 

All you have to do is remove the upload you did, then put the overall numbers in manually and then upload a PDF version of your stock options.

That's it, you will be all set

Update: This did not work someone please help this is ridiculous 

It seems using summary value would not work if there are wash sales. TurboTax only provided two entries -- one for total cost and one for total proceed

weeds

Still not fixed the day before filing deadline…

@PatriciaV 

As of 4/18/22, 07:30 ET, still no update, even though both you and the Office of the President said that there would be one 4/15.

David521
Returning Member

Unbelievable this wasn't fixed. I waited until 4/16 at noon. No fix. I did the work around mentioned previously. I understand I changed the document but totals still matched up. I've never been audited so keeping fingers crossed (which isn't a great strategy).

Hindsight. I should have just e-filed the federal and printed out the state.

All they care about are their profits.  Misleading advertising trash.  

deepsom
Returning Member

Running into the same issue and am now forced to file an extension.

TurboTax please take some responsibility for such an inconvenience and more so because you guys are the @#1 company in the world when comes to taxes!

@PatriciaV can you please provide us an update?? We are owed an explanation and what your compensation will be for this error?

I am trying to get their attention on Twitter while also bashing them. 

Their support for their customers is garbage. I encourage everyone to try any way they can to get them in the spotlight for this empty promise and extreme inconvenience.

https://twitter.com/Anti_Bad_Logic/status/[phone number removed]1364368

Call them out on twitter / social media. That is what I'm doing now. That is the only way they will even care to fix this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies