Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Error: Gross Sales Price shouldn't be less than zero

This is not the right way to do business. TurboTax really think they don't need to care?

chadk94
Returning Member

Same problem...

Should I wait for a fix or go ahead and paper file? 

/nadeem  

@PatriciaV 

Token number 1010967. 

Please help! 

Token 1012001. Cannot submit MA return.

Does submitting the token do anything? Can they actually fix it on an individual basis vs. the global fix?

No, I think it just helps them root cause the issue better. To no avail since they missed the promised 4/15 date for the fix. And what's just as disappointing, their contact in this thread @PatriciaV ghosted us without providing any further updates. This is some of the worst customer service I have seen anywhere. And I've been a Turbotax customer for 25 years.

Manually overriding the Cost or Other Basis value with the absolute value of Gross Sales Price and setting the Gross Sales Price to 0 seems to work and I was able to transmit MA taxes. The Gain/Loss amount stays the same.  

I have printed my MA state tax return and plan to mail it in because of this issue.  Hard to believe this has been an issue for 2 years now with TurboTax.  I've been using this software for over 20 years but next year, I'll be planning to move to a different vendor.  Very disappointed in TurboTax.

Trashboat808
Returning Member

I had to file an extension because of this error not being resolved. I shouldn't have to go into these sensitive trading documents to fiddle with the numbers after paying for this service to handle things... also having issues adding Webull crypto documents. Webull autofills in the "stocks" search but not in crypto, and manually it doesn't accept my .CSV files. Very disappointed in Turbotax and how this is being handled, days before the deadline (and now late on their fix for the 15th)...

Yes, crypto is very poorly handled in TT. I used easytxf.com to convert the CSV to TT format and that worked well for the file import in TT.

ME cannot file MA tax. turbo tax fix it or refund me money plus the printout cost. 😫

Here I am thinking I was safe filing on the later side than normal. Nope. Also a Mass resident unable to submit. I do not own a printer and would rather not bring these documents through Staples. :(

Not sure if the Turbo folks are actively trying to assist in these situations, but my token is 1013896.

I don't know how to get around this unless I start fudging numbers somehow so it all adds up - and that is way beyond my abilities with taxes (hence why I use Turbo!).

How is this still not fixed? so angry right now.

I don't think they are. The fact that there has been no update on this is pathetic.

I encourage all of us to take to whatever social media sites we can and get this in the public. We need to make sure Turbo Tax is known as Turbo Trash in the community so people stop supporting this crap company with all their false promises and misleading advertising. 

It isn't even handled in the premier desktop version. I had to figure them out and write them in manually. 

I encourage all of us to take to whatever social media sites we can and get this in the public. We need to make sure Turbo Tax is known as Turbo Trash in the community so people stop supporting this crap company with all their false promises and misleading advertising. 

Yea but when you have over 300 trades that need this done and you have to modify two boxes and click into each one and override each one separately, it is extremely time consuming.

If there is not a fix available tomorrow morning, I'll spend my entire day doing this and then promptly file a charge back.

All those inconvenienced by this should ISSUE A CHARGEBACK for their MA state filing. These folks promised something and didn't deliver and left us out to dry. Awful business practices and completely inconsiderate. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies