Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"E Trade Securities: 1099 forms not avaialble for user" Huh????

Add to today, February 16 the import worked like a true!

HEADS UP

If you traded any SPX/NDQ/RUT options that are

"Regulated Futures Contracts, Foreign Currency Contracts, and Section 1256 Option Contracts"

(will be on bottom left of PDF Page 3)

They did not come across in the TT import.  I reached out to E-Trade, no reply yet.

yet_another_chris
Returning Member

Still not working for me. I keep getting the following error on multiple browsers and in Incognito Mode:

Something unexpected happened.
Try again in a few hours. (101)

This is pretty inconvenient as E*TRADE is the only outstanding item that's pending.

update: they got it right this year - fixed when they said and it works. well done tt. glad to see you're getting it right.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, you may want to try a different browser or try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. Please see How do I delete cookies? and How to clear your cache for more information.

Please see this Help Article for important information, such as import instructions. 

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you. 

@yet_another_chris 

Thank you for the update! 

@user385067063 

Apparently BAD news. The download from E Trade seemingly worked but it is either incomplete or something else that I am missing is happening.

1. The 1099-INT from E Trade is NOT downloading and is seemingly not among the downloads available from E Trade as indicated by TurboTax.  Those forms ARE available on the E Trade site.

2. The 1099-R form is NOT downloading and is seemingly not among the downloads available from E Trade as indicated by Turbo Tax. Those forms ARE available on the E Trade site.

Maybe this is just happening to me. However, the inconvenience/convenience ratio is worsening this year and if I have to cross check downloads, download forms and re-check and fill Turbo Tax myself then the TT advantage starts to disappear.

I used TurboTax to download a 1099-B Consolidated which includes interest info from the brokerage account. I also had a 1099-INT for a savings account which i did not download. A 1099-INT is easy enough to type in yourself, 1099-B - not so much. I would think a 1099-R is also easy enough to type in yourself. There's a thing on TurboTax to add in multiple 1099-INTs with the "Add Interest Income" button in the 1099-INT section of income.

I agree it is easy enough to type in info. But is that good a reason why TT should not include it in their downloads? And why only from E Trade? I have other brokerage accounts that included the info in their downloads.

1099-INT for a savings account is missing and all 1099-Rs missing.  Cost basis on one my trades was missing as well.  I am so pissed.

I kinda feel that Morgan Stanley and turbo tax did this bs so people pay to upgrade to get live help. Then when.ur done add 50 more for insurance.

I bet etrade getting kickback for getting us to upgrade to pay more. Took me days to get it done. I single handed took the average time way up

alf-ate-my-turkey
Returning Member

When trying to import from E*TRADE Securities, I'm still receiving "1099 forms not available for user" today.  I'm using the downloaded Windows application.

Update:  I just called Intuit support and heard that this is a known issue, and they don't have an ETA on its fix.  They're also not sure whether it's a problem with their system, or E*Trade's system.  I had myself added to a list of people impacted by this, so maybe I'll hear back from them about it some day.

alex41391

i received my 2022 1099 from Etrade and they never listed ROC on one of my funds dividends and I know there was as I looked it up (they lumped all the divs  in with ordinary dividends on line 1 ? they amended my 1099 for 2021 late so i had to amend my tax return and of course i never got my money from IRS so I don't want to do my taxes yet because I know the 1099 is wrong

robbro9
Returning Member

Same problem here, says 1099 not available for user, even though they were issued about a month ago. Called customer service again, they recommend waiting another week, which I highly doubt that will make any difference.   Time to change tax software to something that just works, after years of using turbo and having this issue with Etrade constantly it seems.

Did all your forms import correctly?  A lot of us are having issues with the wash sales import not letting you update codes, e.g. the two threads below.  I suppose the takeaway for anyone reading this is don't be surprised if you run into additional problems because clearly all of the glitches are not gone yet.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/where-do-i-enter-wash-sale-loss-disallow...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-i-have-errors-on-form-1099-b-worksheet-morgan-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies