Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"E Trade Securities: 1099 forms not avaialble for user" Huh????

Program updated this morning and was seemingly able to download all E Trade docs.

So far, so good.

Thanks TT.

dsmithers

Can confirm, works like a charm now.

My update appears to have stalled at 47%.  Maybe 6 million people are trying to download the update at the same time.  I will let it run.  Network load and CPU load show that something is going on, however slowly.  I have been at 47% for around 10 min.

Edit:  Restarted the computer and tried again.  Dreadfully slow (I have a good connection) but it finished.

Cost basis were not entered automatically.  Manually entry was not a big deal, but weird.

Mine is still unsuccessful. I followed all the instructions provided by both parties, and if my internet connection was the issue, I wouldn't be able to post this. I'm using the Desktop version. 

Which version are you guys using?

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 07.11.55.png

Also using the desktop version - Premiere. Worked for me earlier today, finally.

Six million people seem to be downloading the update.  Try again after lunch.  Reboot your computer, just in case.

I am using the desktop version and this morning and it works after the software download. If you are using Windows, have you updated the software (you may have turned off auto-updates)?

@dieg26745

I am using the desktop version and this morning and it works after the software download. If you are using Windows, have you updated the software (you may have turned off auto-updates)?

How many transactions do you have? A pop-up window on Turbotax said the limit was 2000-2500 transactions this year. I had 1100 per csv excel file and it imported in about 5-10 seconds this morning. It was quick and appears to be accurate. Just in case, i rebooted my computer and brought up only the TurboTax program before importing from the brokerage.

agreed

Indeed it worked!  Thanks to everyone for being persistent with TT and E*Trade and posting !  Appreciate everyone’s help!  

Happy tax filing! 😂 

It worked for me today!!! Yesterday, when it was failing on the download, I received a screen notice that I could upgrade to Premier for an additional $35.00. Thank god I didn't fall for it. I wonder how many people did and how much money TT made as a result of this cute little suggestion! Call it conspiracy if you want but, did it work TT? I would suggest yes.

My import worked today too.  I have PREMIER.  I think you need it if you sold any stock.   

Ummm, No you don't. I downloaded plenty of my transactions where I sold stock for capital gains reporting.

TT installed a program update today.  The Etrade 1099 import worked fine!  Finally!

Thanks to those who took the trouble to contact TT and Etrade on this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies