Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"E Trade Securities: 1099 forms not avaialble for user" Huh????

Etrade been answering every day told tomorrow I'm over it

Glad its not just me

+1 for someone else negatively impacted by this.  This is the last thing holding me back from finishing this up and peace of mind (+ a nice return), so please fix ASAP! 

Now the TT import message has gone back to "1099 forms not available for user" thingy!

Can I import if I file threw tax slayer or hr block. I'm over it. Just a lil frustrated

I am no expert so I could be wrong.  I believe that the import function to which you refer is for importing a document, like an appendix, a page of some data to be attached to your return.  It is not designed to populate the tax form database.

Turbotax is literally awful - it's 5 days past the availability. Not going to name other names so I don't get banned but for what its worth, other software doesn't have this issue from what I've heard. Probably time for me to switch

That's a 'dodge'.  Not an answer.  This is still a problem, though the link you are referring us to says by the 15th.  The problem of being unable to import the data still exists.  Can you advise on the way to escalate this issue internally?

mteverest

Don't blame everything on TT.  E-trade used to have consolidated 1099 ready by Jan 31. Like everyone else has said, the form is available on the E-trade website, but won't import to TT.  I hope this will resolve soon. 

I wouldn't blame TT if not for a lot of different other tax providers having figured this out. It's one thing to be a leader and lead, it's another to claim to be a leader and lag

I paid for "premium" service, but the service doesn't work, so I called both: TT representative blames ETrade, ETrade blames TT.

Welcome to America!

It seems to be working now. Please try again.

To the person who said TT blames etrade and etrade blames TT:

I would say the primary responsibility (at least to you) is TurboTax to get their software working.

If TT is having issues with Etrade, that is their job to deal with it.  What is not working for you

is Turbotax, and they are responsible for their software.  

I just downloaded all of mine from etrade.  It’s working at the moment.  And I’m a day trader, had over 300 trades 

This morning I was able to successfully import my E*Trade 1099 forms into TurboTax.

Thanks all !!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies