turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tonymy12

I would like to by motor homes (class c rv) and live in their full time renting a camp ground so can I claim the camp ground renting for my deductible yearly tax . ?

Can motor home Rv class c, camp ground renting daily pay can be claim for tax deductible?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

I would like to by motor homes (class c rv) and live in their full time renting a camp ground so can I claim the camp ground renting for my deductible yearly tax . ?

No, the cost to rent a space for your RV is not deductible. 

The only "2nd home" deductions available for an RV are interest on a loan used to purchase the RV ("mortgage interest") and, if applicable, any personal property tax paid as part of the RV's annual vehicle registration. If you purchase a space to keep your RV, you may also be able to deduct any real property tax you have to pay.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

No, the cost to rent a space for your RV is not deductible. 

The only "2nd home" deductions available for an RV are interest on a loan used to purchase the RV ("mortgage interest") and, if applicable, any personal property tax paid as part of the RV's annual vehicle registration. If you purchase a space to keep your RV, you may also be able to deduct any real property tax you have to pay.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies