`

I have rental farm income on 1099misc.in the rental property. I have also entered info in the Farm rental, which should it be in and how do i get it out of the other?

There appears to be two places to report a rental farm income.  Rental and farm.  I got a 1099misc and put that the 1099misc area.

It appears you are using TurboTax Premier desktop/CD. If your 1099-misc has income in box 1, it is rental income. Even if this income is from renting farm land to a farmer, it is a cash payment of rental income. This type of income is to be reported in TurboTax under Rental Properties and Royalties (schedule E).

To remove your incorrect entries, click into the forms mode using the forms tab in the upper right hand corner of your screen, find form 4835 which is Farm Rental in TurboTax and click Delete Form in the bottom row. Farm Rental is for when you receive a percentage of the crop as payment for rental income.

If you do not operate a farm business, do the same as above with schedule F which is called Farm Income and Expenses in TurboTax. Farm Income and Expenses is for when you operate a farm business.

You should be entering your farm income information under the Farm Income section.

To remove it from the rental income section, select delete at the property at the Rental and Royalty Summary.