Ask the Experts about self-employment >> Event happening NOW!
paxmanr

Is there a way to see the past questions and answers during the turbo tax filing process?

Per the IRS, I apparently claimed a credit I wasn't entitled to. I don't remember doing that. I want to see what Turbo Tax asked me and what I answered when preparing to file the return. Hoping there is a log that I can view.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
fanfare

There is no log for you to review now.

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, or to amend if a TurboTax update changes your return or for any other reason,
SUCH AS, reviewing the credits that you are claiming.
AND, to find your AGI next year.