turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gardnern3

I have 2 rental properties. can i use turbo tax deluxe?

n/a

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When using the online product, you must use TurboTax Premier to report rental income and expenses on your tax return. The online Deluxe product does not include Schedule E which is required for rentals.

When using the CD/download product, you can use any version because they all include Schedule E. The Premier version will provide more guidance for making entries for rentals.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

When using the online product, you must use TurboTax Premier to report rental income and expenses on your tax return. The online Deluxe product does not include Schedule E which is required for rentals.

When using the CD/download product, you can use any version because they all include Schedule E. The Premier version will provide more guidance for making entries for rentals.

Is it still the case that the 2018 CD/download products all include Schedule E so you can use any version to report rental income and expenses? Same question for reporting income for a personal business.

All the 2018 CD/download products have all the forms including Schedule E  for rentals and Schedule C for self employment income so you can use any version.

Turbo Tax Support says the 2020 CD version of Deluxe will not allow entry of Rental Income.  Instead it will prompt you to pay the difference and upgrade to Premier.  Anyone confirm this on 2020 CD Deluxe?

@doninfosys wrote:

Turbo Tax Support says the 2020 CD version of Deluxe will not allow entry of Rental Income.  Instead it will prompt you to pay the difference and upgrade to Premier.  Anyone confirm this on 2020 CD Deluxe?

Who told you that?

The TurboTax 2020 desktop CD/Download editions all include the same forms, schedules and worksheets.

Go to this TurboTax website for the forms and schedules supported - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/irs-forms/

Although they try to upsell you by suggesting you upgrade it is NOT required when using the downloaded/CD program.   READ the screen  carefully ... it says Recommended   NOT Required.  

1....jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies