Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Importing 1099 from Chase Investment accounts in not working

Hi all, 

I am using TurboTax Premier 2021 and trying to import 1099 form from Chase Investment accounts. The Import window with "Get my form" button opens, but the log-in into Chase is not working. I see this error --2022-02-15 19_00_23-Window.png

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

58 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

That may be an issue with Chase's website.   Try logging out and signing back in or saving and closing your return, then reopening it if you are using desktop.   

How do I import my 1099?

What if I can't import my 1099?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

same issue. tried logoff TurboTax , close TurboTax and restart. still not working today 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you also tried clearing your cache? This may help. Assistance with doing so has been provided by clicking here

I am using windows 10 pro. In my setting, default web browser is chrome. I cleared all time browsing data in chrome setting, restarted TurboTax desktop premier version [phone number removed], import "chase bank". It went to intuit login then "get my form" screen, then bank login screen to type in user name and password. Same error "It looks like this part of our site isn't working right now."
After closing the error screen, it came to "Let's import your tax info" screen, there is a chase icon and chase link and "try again" button. I clicked the chase link and it opened a new screen in chrome. I can log in there. 

It looks to me TurboTax is not working. Can you check with your chase partner to debug? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Since Chase Investments is not listed on our Partner list, it would be best to download the 1099 to your computer, then follow the instructions here to import the 1099 into Turbo Tax. 

If you need additional assistance, please comment and let us know. 

I have chase checking and saving not investment. Did you check with your programer? Do you have an internal quality department to verify if the Chase import is working or not?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we do not have the capability to contact our Chase partner directly. For more in-depth assistance you will need to reach out to TurboTax Customer Support to explain your concern in detail.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

None of the options works. I have been on hold with customer service for about 10 minutes so far. There is no option of "Chase Investments" any longer and "Chase Bank" returns the same error as others reported above.

It used to be an easy process but keeps getting more difficult as the years go on. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

It could be a couple of possibilities. One is that the password was entered incorrectly, you will need to grant third-party access for Turbo Tax to import. Also, it could be that there are too many individual transactions to import as the limit is 1500.

As we do not have access to your account or return, rest assured, we are looking to provide a solution or viable workaround.

Please refer to these Turbo Tax articles for additional assistance.
How do I enter a large number of stock transactions in TurboTax Online?
What if I can't import my 1099?
How do I import my 1099?

I just got off the phone with customer service. 

There is a bug on the desktop/CD version that does not allow you to import 1099s from Chase bank. We started an online return and it worked there. 

I hope Intuit will be able to get this bug fixed very soon as there is no option to merge my online and desktop tax returns. I really don't want to enter everything all over again. I know many are dealing with the same issue. 

Update:  Intuit Investigation No. is INV-1812

1) Online version of TurboTax does import data from Chase just fine (you have to select "Chase Bank" as there is no option to select "Chase Investments"). I verified that it pulls the information correctly.

2) Desktop version is still broken. Intuit acknowledges this issue and they are "diligently working to address"

On the bright side, they asked me to switch to Online version with a 20% discount while trying to return the CD to Sam's for a refund (not sure if Sam's will even accept a return on an opened CD). Alternatively, you could try your luck with the following link to get a refund on your Desktop version. I think if enough folks try to get a refund, Intuit will get off their seats and fix the problem?

How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

I'm so sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these issues. This sounds like a frustrating situation, and I want to help. I have looked into this for you and currently, we are aware of this issue, and we are working diligently to correct this. I know this is a stressful time and I want you to know that we take every single error seriously! Thank you for your patience. -Debra

Not impressed with Intuit/TurboTax

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We appreciate your patience as we work to get this resolved.

Is there an ETA for fixing this bug on the downloaded desktop version of Turbo Tax not connecting and importing 1099 from Chase?

If not within a week, I'm demanding a refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies