WOODMAN12

If I live in memphis, work in nashville. I rent a apartment and pay utilities in nashville. can the rent and utilities be deducted?

RENT

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington DC, and Wisconsin.

https://www.rent.com/blog/states-with-a-renters-tax-credit/

JohnW152

There's no deduction available for this on your federal return.