Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null280

Unable to complete Sch K-1 Wks-Partnership Sch E worksheet link for #7 Royalties It tells me to double-click to link royalties to Sch. E Worksheet, but fails to do so

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
MichaelDC

Unable to complete Sch K-1 Wks-Partnership Sch E worksheet link for #7 Royalties It tells me to double-click to link royalties to Sch. E Worksheet, but fails to do so

This is a common problem. Please feel free to respond in the comment section if this fix doesn't work.

Many times a fix has been to delete the offending K-1 and re-input. 

However, if you go back to the K-1 that is affected and click "edit".  Click through all the pages that you already entered until you get to the page "enter Box 13 info".  Make sure you didn't enter a "0" value for Code "I" related to "deductions-royalty income".  Better yet, delete the line and amount and enter again, if necessary.

or

If you delete just the Schedule K-1, it will regenerate if associated worksheets are still in the return.

The proper way to delete an unwanted K-1 is from the K-1 Summary screen, which also removes the associated worksheets.

1.       Open (continue) your return in TurboTax, if it's not already open.

2.       In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 or K1 (you can also use lower-case) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results

3.       Answer Yes to Did you receive any Schedules K-1 or Q? (even if the correct answer is "no").

4.       Click Update next to the type of K-1 you initially entered (partnership/LLC, S corp, or estate/trust).

5.       On the K-1 Summary screen, click Delete next to the K-1 you want to remove. Answer Yes on the following screen.

6.       Click Done.

7.       If necessary, repeat Steps 4–7 for other K-1s you need to remove.

rbmiller88
Returning Member

This worked.  Thanks a lot.  I went to box 13 and removed the entry for Code I, and that took care of it.
rbmiller88
Returning Member

BTW, if this is a known bug, why doesn't TurboTax just fix it by checking for '0' and ignoring it or prompting us about the condition?

I'm still having this issue. It's on a different form but still the same "double click to select" does not work. Deleting and re-entering this form does not work.

I ran into this same issue but the reported fix didn't work for me, in my situation I was reporting that I had different values in my K1 for a state return than a federal return and typed "0.0" into some of the boxes that should have been left blank. If you have this issue go back into the state return where you modified those values and delete the ones that were zero in both places

I followed the suggestion on this because I kept getting an error of having to manually calculate my QBI. I am really not technical with this kind of thing but the solution was to delete the K-1 Forms off federal return re-add them and then select the checkbox that my investment was 100% at risk. Although our business is small and there was no investment into it as it is service based. Hope this helps someone else.

San_Remo

The culprit on my return was $0 value on line 7. Eliminated that $0 and problem solved.

Line 4 -Royalties received - will not let me enter "0" . keeps giving me an error.  Have re-enter the complete K-1 twice.  Please help.

KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

Leave it blank. You do not need to enter zero. 

One thing to note is that if you have values in boxes 1 or 2 on the same K-1, you cannot enter that information in the same Schedule K-1 in TurboTax. You have to split it into 2 or even more K-1s. That's what is possibly giving you an error. 

@rearmstrong

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the tips and fixes. Less than 2 hours left to file and you guys saved the day because the support people over the phone are awful. I called 3 times and their only advice was to search the help function in the upper right hand corner.

lp1049

I actually have DEDUCTION - ROYALTY INCOME on my K-1 LINE 13I. I have tried deleting the K-1 and re-entering it but I still get the above error. Any suggestions?

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies