turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yiming09

I opened an investment account from Chase in 2019. But I have an issue to import my stock transaction from Chase to Turbo tax. Is anyone have a way or how to download it?

Using TurboTax to import Stock transaction from Chase.com to TurboTax
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

I opened an investment account from Chase in 2019. But I have an issue to import my stock transaction from Chase to Turbo tax. Is anyone have a way or how to download it?

You can securely import your 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, or 1099-R into TurboTax, provided your broker or financial institution participates in our TurboTax Partner program.

When you get to the place in TurboTax where we ask if you received that form, answer Yes and we'll give you the option to import.

You can also jump straight to the section for your specific 1099 form. Here's how:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return. 
  2. Search for 1099-B and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Follow the screens and you’ll be able to import your form.

Tip: Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

You can import up to 1,500 transactions from your financial institution in TurboTax Online.

Go here to see how to take a picture of your 1099-MISC in the mobile app.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have a similar concern.

I have been using TurboTax for a number of years and download my 1099-INT and 1099-DIV from Chase Investments every year.   I created a How-to-Guide with screenshots a few years ago, and follow this every year.

This year, after selecting Chase Investments, I come to the page where I should "Get your Identification Code".  I click on that link, but instead of taking me to the *special* Chase sign-in page, it redirects me to the *regular* Chase.com homepage.  So there is no way for chase to issue an Identification Code.

To restate this with URLs, I think it is trying to connect with:
https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx?LOB=TurboTaxLogon
which would bring up a special id/password screen, but instead it just redirects to
https://www.chase.com/
and wants me to sign in normally.  So it doesn't give me a way to request an Identification Code, which means I can't get TurboTax to download my data.  

Please try it and I think you will have the same results.  I think you will need to contact Chase and have them fix it on their end.

Thanks

Morton

Read this thread ... users seem to have figured out the disconnect ...  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/attempting-to-import-from-chase/00/1250991

This is great!  Thank you, Critter-3! 

The short version of the solution is to use the following URL after it redirects to Chase.com:

https://secure05c.chase.com/web/auth/?LOB=TurboTaxLogon

My next question is

How can this be reported to the TurboTax IT Department? 
They need to change the URL that they call.

Morton

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies