Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I need to file my a CRP how do I do it

1 Reply
Level 15

I need to file my a CRP how do I do it

If you're asking about MN, see this: 

Under certain circumstances, Minnesota will issue a refund of property taxes to renters in the state. For 2015, the maximum refund is $2,060 if your household income is less than $58,880 or less (the income eligibility goes up with each dependent). For more information, see the MN Renter’s Property Tax Refund page.

To obtain the refund, the taxpayer must have a CRP, Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP), for each rental unit lived in during the year. The taxpayer's landlord is required to deliver a completed CRP to the taxpayer no later than January 31st of each year.

You will need the CRP to determine your refund, if any, and you must include what is called a Form M1PR with the CRP when it is filed. These forms have to be printed and mailed in to:

Minnesota Property Tax Refund
St. Paul, MN 55145 - 0020

TurboTax will prepare the Form M1PR for you to print. Towards the end of the step-by-step interview for Minnesota you will reach the Other Forms You May Need screen. To have the M1PR prepared and made available for printing, make sure you check the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) check box on the Other Forms You May Need screen, then follow the prompts through the end of the interview.

For more information, please visit 

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies