turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j127

I'm getting this error: Form 8960 Worksheet: Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 0-786-942

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

I'm getting this error: Form 8960 Worksheet: Your calculations could not be completed. Reference code: 0-786-942

Thank you for reporting your experience here on the community. We are aware of this and working towards a solution.
You can contact support if you'd like to speak to an agent. If you're willing to wait, I will post updates on this thread.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GabiU
Level 15

@j127 

Have you found a solution to this? 
If not, I will have to send you a private message for more details. Please respond to this thread if you'd like my assistance. 

I am getting the exact same error. Please let us know if this issue was resolved of if there is a target time for resolution. Just concerned as the tax deadline for extension is Oct 15 (in two weeks) and I see this issue reported on Sep 20 in the original thread and is still unresolved even after 10 days. Thanks  

GabiU
Level 15

@sanjitrnair I sent you a private message. 

Just to close this thread.  This was a error with the online version of turbo tax appearing for some specific tax situations that I unfortunately fell into.  Looks like this doesn't happen to everyone but based on specific tax situations based on your answers on the onlien site. Trying to find out what caused this only resulted in numerous hours of frustration and unsuccessful attempts. Have to call out that the customer service associates were very patient though and tried to help though we did not get to a resolution

Finally thanks to @GabiU , I was told that the PC/Mac installable version of Turbotax solves this and shared the Mac downloadable through my intuit account along with instructions on how to import all the details you meticulously filled in to the online tool (without having to do it from scratch on the local installed version). Though I was skeptical, I was able to export from web, import everything easily into my local turbotax software on Mac and it actually did solve the issue and I was able to e-file. Thought of sharing in case anyone runs into this issue in future

noom170

Hi,

I'm getting the same error and unable to file my returns. Please PM me the solution.

Thanks

@noom170 Read the response by @sanjitrnair 

This was a error with the online version of turbo tax appearing for some specific tax situations that I unfortunately fell into.  Looks like this doesn't happen to everyone but based on specific tax situations based on your answers on the onlien site. Trying to find out what caused this only resulted in numerous hours of frustration and unsuccessful attempts. Have to call out that the customer service associates were very patient though and tried to help though we did not get to a resolution

Finally thanks to @GabiU , I was told that the PC/Mac installable version of Turbotax solves this and shared the Mac downloadable through my intuit account along with instructions on how to import all the details you meticulously filled in to the online tool (without having to do it from scratch on the local installed version). Though I was skeptical, I was able to export from web, import everything easily into my local turbotax software on Mac and it actually did solve the issue and I was able to e-file. Thought of sharing in case anyone runs into this issue in future

pmobbs

I see that some of you are getting this error as well.  What was the solution?

@pmobbs wrote:

I see that some of you are getting this error as well.  What was the solution?

You have to use the CD/Download (installed) version of TurboTax.

noom170

I've already paid for turbotax self-employed. Does this mean I need to pay for the downloadable version now?

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number
They are available M-F  from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.

@noom170 wrote:

I've already paid for turbotax self-employed. Does this mean I need to pay for the downloadable version now?

No. Use the link Critter-3 provided; you should be able to get a refund (or credit) for the online version.

Please help me...using MAC - trouble shooting everything - have been frustrated with this since July and had to file an amendment. With the bewitching hour soon approaching - do I need to see an account?  Why is there no customer service on the weekends? or is there? thanks fellow tax filers 

Hello anyone - guess what? customer is available the weekend!! Reached a lovey, extremely, patient, and helpful, problem solver Vidya within a minute of calling [phone number removed]. I saw where someone else mentioned about the GLITCH! with my version of Turbo Tax causing this error. VIdya sent me an updated version which I downloaded as she walked me thru the process and viola!! SUCCESS!  now I'll be ready to watch some baseball tom'r!! Good luck! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies