turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fdavis2sr
Returning Member

No royalty income for rental property on schedule E. How do I remove "zero" from line 4 to proceed with filing tax return?

Schedule E; Income, Section 4: Royalty Income from Schedule K-1.  The entry is zero.  Turbo indicates that: Income from rental real estate and income from Royalties must be reported as separate properties on schedule E.  Do not have any Royalty Income from schedule k-1.  How do I proceed to finish and file return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No royalty income for rental property on schedule E. How do I remove "zero" from line 4 to proceed with filing tax return?

Go back to the Schedule k-1 and delete the zero and leave it blank. Go to Forms, click on the k-1 worksheet on the left to delete the zero.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go back to the Schedule k-1 and delete the zero and leave it blank. Go to Forms, click on the k-1 worksheet on the left to delete the zero.

rwj39333

Thus answer allowed me to delete a 0 and remove the error on Schedule for royalties, but that created an error on the K-1. had to put theo back on line 7 which then brought back the error on Schedule E.
trxnguyen
Returning Member

What field in K-1 that needs to be deleted to fix this issue?  Why I only entered the rental income, not royalties income, and it still complained about this royalties income?
sygyzy

Same here. Does anyone have an answer to this?
jabyrnes

Only a added complaints - I had a tech on a call from Support and they were clueless. Suggested ignore and mail my returns
jabyrnes

I experienced the same issue: I just now deleted all my rental info. Saved the file. Duplicated the file. Saved under a new (similar) name. Entered my Rental info and problem disappeared. I now just filed

This worked for me. 

God bless your soul. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies