yummysalsa

I am working on a 2017 draft federal tax return. Had a sale of a rental property, but when I put it in, nothing is showing on the amount for taxes owed. Any reason why?

Is this feature (tax calculator) not working for capital gains yet?

There are still a lot of updates that will be coming for the 2017 software.  Many IRS forms are not finalized; thus, TT cannot finalize those forms in the software yet.  You will have to re-visit that section later.

and Congress is still working on possible tax law changes..  You cannot file your tax return until almost the end of January, so please be patient.
yummysalsa

Thank you.  I was just trying to get a "guesstimate" on my taxes owed, but I am guessing I am too early to be doing so.  🙂
TaxGuyBill

Have you also entered all of your other estimate income?  It not, you need to do that before TurboTax could calculate taxes owed.