turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am working on a 2017 draft federal tax return. Had a sale of a rental property, but when I put it in, nothing is showing on the amount for taxes owed. Any reason why?

Is this feature (tax calculator) not working for capital gains yet?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am working on a 2017 draft federal tax return. Had a sale of a rental property, but when I put it in, nothing is showing on the amount for taxes owed. Any reason why?

There are still a lot of updates that will be coming for the 2017 software.  Many IRS forms are not finalized; thus, TT cannot finalize those forms in the software yet.  You will have to re-visit that section later.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

4 Replies

There are still a lot of updates that will be coming for the 2017 software.  Many IRS forms are not finalized; thus, TT cannot finalize those forms in the software yet.  You will have to re-visit that section later.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

and Congress is still working on possible tax law changes..  You cannot file your tax return until almost the end of January, so please be patient.

Thank you.  I was just trying to get a "guesstimate" on my taxes owed, but I am guessing I am too early to be doing so.  🙂

Have you also entered all of your other estimate income?  It not, you need to do that before TurboTax could calculate taxes owed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies