Solved: I am legally blind and have a letter from my doctor. I have less then 20 degrees in both eyes I do not know where to put a value in there is just yes or no

I am legally blind and have a letter from my doctor. I have less then 20 degrees in both eyes I do not know where to put a value in there is just yes or no

It is just a yes or no question, you cannot put in a value.

The IRS defines legal blindness as being unable to see better than 20/200 in your better eye even with corrective eyeglasses or contacts, or having a field of vision less than 20 degrees

Be sure to get a statement from your eye doctor or registered optometrist verifying the condition of your eyes, and keep it for your records in case the IRS requests it.

Please check out this TurboTax article for more information: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/disability/tax-tips-for-the-blind/L80haiutG

My question was not answered. I know what legal blindness is and I have a letter. Your form does not let me put a value in.. it keeps saying I need a value when it is a yes or no question. It is frustrating to just get the canned definition and no real answers. If it is just yes or no.. why is the form not accepting it..

Where is it asking you that? There is just a question in My Info where you check if you are legally blind.

this was no help at all.. I know what legal blindness I have my doctors letter but your form does not let me answer it. It asks for a value which there is none!!

Are you using the Online Edition of TurboTax or the Desktop/Download?