turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vadivu

How to remove Royalty part of Schedule E in 1099-MISC form? Even though I haven't populated any value, the system populated it automatically.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How to remove Royalty part of Schedule E in 1099-MISC form? Even though I haven't populated any value, the system populated it automatically.

Delete the 1099 entry and the Sch E to remove any trace of it ...

Please see the information below for assistance with deleting this tax form:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-view-and-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online/0...

Carl
Level 15

Assuming you have rental income and that 2020 is the first year dealing with rental property, Go into the Rental and Royalty Income (SCH E) section of the program and delete the SCH E. Then you can start that part over. If you have rental income reported to you on a 1099-MISC, do not, under and circumstances and with no exceptions, enter anything for box 2 of that 1099-MISC. Not even a zero, and not even a space.

If this is "NOT" your first year dealing with rental income, then we'll need to take another approach. If you delete that SCH E then you will lose *ALL* of your rental property depreciation history. The only possible way to recover it, is to either clear the return and start over from scratch so you can import it again from the .tax2019 tax file, or enter that depreciation history manually, one keystroke at a time.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies