Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brazilian_sf
Returning Member

E*Trade 1099-B Import is missing data

When I import my 1099-B from E*Trade I am seeing only the first line of a sale, instead of each individual line. I have a few mutual funds or stocks where I re-invested dividends and those show as multiple entries in the 1099-B for. The import is considering only the first line, and ignoring all others, thus missing many of my entries.

I'll go crazy if I have to enter each of these by hand.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I am having the same issue. Hoping there is a fix very soon.

I am having exactly the same issue! And not just from E*Trade, my import from Chase is also missing data. I am using Premier on Mac. Please fix it ASAP!

I also have the same issue! Please fix it as soon as possible. Paying tax is sad, and it went even worse if i need to manually type in these rows!

Same for me for Chase. On one account, I had 21 sales across six stocks. It only imports six sales, basically the first (oldest) lot of each, ignoring any subsequent lots from additional purchases or reinvested dividends. In another account, I only had two stocks sold with one lot each and the numbers match.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described here How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

Please let us know if this helps.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also have a Schwab account, but even after allowing 3rd party access, I get error 902.

I found that I had to select "E*Trade Securities" in order to correctly import 1099-B. Previously I used "E*Trade Bank", although it could still import something, but there was the missing data issue as stated in the original post.

brazilian_sf
Returning Member

I called E*Trade today and they said I do not need to authorize TurboTax.

When I launched the app today it had an update pending, and upon connecting to E*Trade Securities I was able to download my complete and correct 1099-B, so either something was wrong in TurboTax or in E*Trade which got fixed this week. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies