turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was told to fill out two K-1s as mine shows both business and rental income. Do I fill out the Capital Account data twice? The IRS might think I have 2x the cost basis.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

I was told to fill out two K-1s as mine shows both business and rental income. Do I fill out the Capital Account data twice? The IRS might think I have 2x the cost basis.

No, you don't fill out the capital account information twice.

The information in Part I,  sections A thru D, and Part II, sections E thru I, must  be entered on each duplicate K-1.

Part III, Sections J thru L (Partner's Share of Profit, Loss, Liabilities and Capital) should not.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToddL

No, you don't fill out the capital account information twice.

The information in Part I,  sections A thru D, and Part II, sections E thru I, must  be entered on each duplicate K-1.

Part III, Sections J thru L (Partner's Share of Profit, Loss, Liabilities and Capital) should not.

Thanks so much for responding to my question. However, I'm confused as you said to NOT fill out the capital account info twice though section L is the capital account info and you DID say to fill that out for each K-1. Would you please clarify? Thanks again!
ToddL

Can't explain how that got entered. Fixed above. Basically you complete all required entries except Partner's Share of Profit, Loss, Liabilities and Capital)

Thank you very much for your quick answer and follow up. Much appreciated!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies