turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I report gains that are under 10 bucks on my brokerage sites? I made 1500 on crypto and $50 on stocks from another brokerage. Only made 1.50 on the other. No 1099

So I have made under 2,000 in stock/crypto gains last year. My problem is I have other brokers for stock. Oe one brokerage I made 1.50 and I do not know how to report that as my broker on the website says they do not have to provide a tax form since it is under 10 bucks. I just want to know HOW do i report this and WHERE I report this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I report gains that are under 10 bucks on my brokerage sites? I made 1500 on crypto and $50 on stocks from another brokerage. Only made 1.50 on the other. No 1099

after you report the gains on your other accounts, the tax on $1.50 is zero
a gain of $50 with no 1099-B is sales category C (or F if Long term).  In the 1099-B entry, after "tell us about your 1099-B", choose the "I'll enter it myself" option. and select the right category

View solution in original post

4 Replies

after you report the gains on your other accounts, the tax on $1.50 is zero
a gain of $50 with no 1099-B is sales category C (or F if Long term).  In the 1099-B entry, after "tell us about your 1099-B", choose the "I'll enter it myself" option. and select the right category

If you sold stock the broker is required to supply you a 1099-B.

I know but it’s only 1.50 and they said by law it would have to be 10 I just checked I didn’t get the gain until this year not last year I never sold so do I have to report if I just bought it?

you only report sell transactions  on your tax return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies