dogman93

2020 Schedule-E Depreciation Smart Check error

I've completed my Schedule E and this year I disposed of my rental property.  I've entered all normal expense info as well as Sold property info.  When I get to Smart Check, it identifies an error with my 2019 depreciation and provides a link to go in and "add back" my rental property and verify depreciation.  I've done that multiple times and I keep getting the error.  Anyone else having this issue? 

MarilynG1

You may also need to add your Rental Property to the Assets section.

Click this link for detailed instructions to help you with your Schedule E Depreciation Smart Check Error

This is a known issue. Please see this TurboTax Help page and sign up to be notified when it has been addressed.

seattlesteve

Following the link to sign up to be notified brings a 4-day old response from TT Help that it was resolved 1/29, with no option for notification.  I just ran my return yesterday and the property basis assets were still absent.