turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

keeara87

Can I find a way to get the Federal ID number even if I did not receive 1098-T form via email?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Can I find a way to get the Federal ID number even if I did not receive 1098-T form via email?

Does your school have a website where you could access your 1098T information?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
keeara87

Yes- it says "You do not have any 1098-T Data available" Does that mean I don't apply to that form?

That's what it sounds like.  Were you a student in 2017?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
keeara87

Yes, I was part-time in both semesters. I was qualified to get Fafsa and Pell grant.

Contact the financial office and ask if or when you might get a 1098T.
keeara87

Thank You.
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

If you pay any qualified tuition amount out of the pocket during 2017 and did not receive a Form 1098-T, you can still claim an education credit. 

In TurboTax online edition, here are the steps:

1. After sign into your account and select Take me to my return 

2.  At the right upper corner, in the search box , type in 1098t and Enter 

3.  Select Jump to form 1098T 

4.  On screen, "Do you want to enter your higher education expenses?" answer Yes

5.  Go through the step-by-step interview questions

6.  On screen, "Did you get a 1098-T from school for 2017?" answer No

7.  Follow prompts, on screen, You'll need to enter Federal ID number, select I can't find the ID no to                                       continue to enter your expenses.

See attached screenshot.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies