Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Syd2
Returning Member

Where do I enter my 1098-T?

I will try this on my desktop tomorrow it doesn’t show it on the app 

Thanks for the response. My problem isn't that I don't know how to key the information in but rather that the Turbo software doesn't take me to the page to key in tuition expenses. It starts with the section for Additional Expenses and shows a $0 in the field as my previous entry for tuition.  When I try to make a change in the field or select 1098T to be directed to right place it takes me to this 2nd page again for the additional expenses. I'm going to delete all my information and start over to see what happens. 

I have the same problem.

Having the same problem... Unable to enter 2019 info and the value defaults to zero

Did that work?

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

To enter your Form 1098-T information (even when TurboTax thinks it has already been entered and is showing $0), go through the entire education expenses section of your return until you reach the screen titled “Your Education Expenses Summary”, then follow these steps:

• Click Edit next to the student name.
  • On the screen titled “Here’s your Education Summary”, click Edit beside Tuition.
  • Enter the information from your Form 1098-T.

To go directly to the Education section of your return, use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “education” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to education
  • Click on the blue “Jump to education” link
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same problem.

I know how to get to the "education" section. I know how to get to 1098T form section by using the "magnifying glass."

The problem is there is no section to submit 1098T information. When I click on education or even 1098 T form, it goes straight to "Did You Pay for Books or Materials to Attend School?" section and NOT 1098T. 

That section is nowhere to be found and keeps saying 0 on my tuitions and expenses. 

wrdalfn

Also having the same problem.  Am hoping Turbotax will uphold professional business practice and actually respond, fix it, update- whatever.  The customers deserve better than this. 

That worked on my laptop.  Thanks!

That worked on my laptop.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Since some are successful and others are not, I suggest those who have not succeeded, go through the education part again and keep answering those questions until you see Education Expenses Summary and STOP! Click EDIT, enter your 1098T

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wrdalfn

This did work. It was hard to find/get to. Thank you for the help. 

jporter26

This solution worked for me. Thank you so much!!

Tarhish

Yes, I had the same problem as the others, all of the various EDIT buttons for the 1098-t forms in educational expenses and all tax breaks brought me straight to additional education expenses, where it says I should have already entered my 1098-t information.  Searching for the 1098-t and jumping there directly gave the same problem.  The ONLY thing that worked was this, going past the parts where it lists $0 for expenses all the way to the summary, then EDITing it there.

I suspect this is because in my first trip through I passed on the 1098-t, since I hadn't received it yet.  Still, this is an opportunity for enhancement.

aelsabbar

Same here!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies