turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax doesn't give me an option to put my 1098T form in

So I have tried to restart my tax forms twice to no avail. After I add myself as a student it asks if I have any higher education expenses in 2019. I put yes. Then it asks me to tell about education plans the answer is no to both being a beneficiary of savings account and no to receiving a form 1099-Q. Then it goes to (Now let's gather your additional education expenses and it leads me straight to books and materials and tuition and enrollment fees say $0 but it never even gave me an option to input a 1098T. I have used Turbo Tax for years and can't figure what else to do. Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Did you try to 

Type   1098-T   into the search box

Click the "Jump to 1098-T" link

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've had the same issue.

When I click to enter "Total and enrollment fees"  i click the link and am told I am told  "You entered this number in earlier."  I don't know what its talking about  I am never asked about my students 1098 T's.

Please help

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

To enter your Form 1098-T information (even when TurboTax thinks it has already been entered and is showing $0), go through the entire education expenses section of your return until you reach the screen titled “Your Education Expenses Summary”, then follow these steps:

• Click Edit next to the student name.
  • On the screen titled “Here’s your Education Summary”, click Edit beside Tuition.
  • Enter the information from your Form 1098-T.

If you need help to get back to the Education section of your return, use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “education” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to education
  • Click on the blue “Jump to education” link
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having the exact same problem.  When I search "Education" there is not a "Jump to" option.  I'm using TurboTax Deluxe on a Mac.

@MaconTaxes wrote:

I am having the exact same problem.  When I search "Education" there is not a "Jump to" option.  I'm using TurboTax Deluxe on a Mac.

To enter, edit or delete Education Expenses -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Education
  • On Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T), click on the start or update button

Or enter education expenses in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to education expenses

I found it.  When it asks if "Joe" was enrolled at "xyzzy University" click yes, and edit.  This brings up the 1098T screen.  Very cryptic and you do not get pointed here in the help sections.

doctortod

Exact same problem.  

To INTUIT staff

1) fix the bug

2) please post explicit instructions

Mikey 55

Thanks so much for this. Wow, that is a huge bug. I have been trying to find where to put the 1098-T in for over 40 minutes! 

Thank you so much. We have been struggling with this since yesterday. Your answer helped us spot on. 

@MaconTaxes 

Thank you so much. We have been struggling with this since yesterday. Your answer helped us spot

sdcharles1234
Returning Member

@MaconTaxes Thank you, spot on #turbotax fix this!! so frustrating!

This is absurd-everything that TurboTax is posting is so confusing obviously they don’t have a good product for 1098 t for inputting taxable scholarship information and I’ve used TurboTax for years and this is horrible! The directions make no sense trying to trick the system because it’s not set up to work the way it supposed to is bogus...I read to stay away from TurboTax because he can’t handle 1098t  or 8615 I should’ve listened

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies