turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jnh
Level 1

Receive message during review process related to 1099-Q form information which prevents taxes from being filed

During the review process I get the following screen message: 

"Other Income Statement: Qualified tuition program distributions - Spouse - You can't file just yet due to a recent law passed by congress.  This means a better outcome for taxpayers like you who have taxable QTP distributions.  We can keep working on your tax return and we'll let you know when we can help you finish up you taxes.

That's nice but the 1099-Q was the last thing I needed to file my taxes so it is the only thing holding it up and getting my refunds.  TurboTax - please issue this change ASAP; "well let you know" is not precise enough.  ty

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

Receive message during review process related to 1099-Q form information which prevents taxes from being filed

Normally when this happens, TurboTax cannot make the necessary changes until the changes in the law are finalized. Often, Congress does not finalize tax legislation until well into the tax preparation season, and the date the final regulations will be made final is not known in most instances.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rwhadsell

I have the same problem.  Everything is ready to submit, except for this "error".  How will TurboTax let us know that the problem is resolved?  And what happens, if the legislation is not finalized before April 15?

KrisD15
Employee Tax Expert

Congress already signed the bill, TurboTax programmers are working on the update. 

If you are using Desktop, be sure to update your software.

If using TurboTax Online, the program automatically updates. 

If this error is showing when you try to file, TurboTax will send you an email when it's resolved and your return is ready to be filed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm stuck at this point, too.  Has the program been fixed?  It looks like the last post was 2 weeks ago.

Manage cookies