Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I cannot continue my Federal Taxes (QTP)

I just called TT and this is what I was told.... by someone who didn't speak clear english, called me by the wrong name twice, and took over 8 minutes to "find" an answer. TT is claiming this is an electronic filing issue and that users will be able to file on February 12th. I unsuccessfully tried to explain to this person that incorrect numbers are being generated on my Schedule 1 reference the QTP and she once again told me to wait until February 12th to try to file because the issue should be resolved with E-file by then. I asked her how it was possible other tax software programs allow users to successfully file if it is an E-file issue and again I was told to try after February 12th. There you go, that's TT's response to the issue. Best I can do. I've used TT for approximately 20 years and this is probably the last time. 

I have been very irritated waiting for the 1099Q issue to get cleared up.  I took a small non-qualified distribution from my Education Savings plan and while everything else was good to, TT kept holding me up as I wait for thier forms to update so they could tax me like $11?!?  I said enough of this!  I just filed my taxes with Tax Slayer... fast, easy and CHEAPER than TT!  Good luck.

Btb

if 1099Q is removed from Federal Income, will it affect filing state tax, Indiana plan offers $1000 credit on contribution to qualified plan. 

Hal_Al
Level 15

@Btb - No, if 1099-Q is not entered, in the federal section,  it will not affect filing state tax.

Indiana plan offers $1000 credit on contribution to qualified plan.  The 1099-Q has nothing to do with contributions. It documents distributions (withdrawals).

jm3
Level 2

I am having the same problem.  Called TT this morning.  Rep was unaware of the problem and could not find any information about it.  She created a ticket for someone to look into it....

It would be completely shocking to to find out TT was not aware of this issue.

I hope someone from TT is reading these posts.   They need to let filers know when this will be fixed or they will continue to lose customers to Tax Slayer.    I've been seeing posts about this for weeks.   Hard to believe they didn't know.   I've been using TT for years and never seen anything like this. 

Madigan

I'm having the same problem, and apparently so are a lot of other people.  There's no support for this and when I called to get help all I was offered was to speak to someone for an extra $50.00.  I've already spent $120 to file what should have been a simple return.  REALLY not happy with TurboTax and Intuit.  I just want to file and get my refund.  

If anyone has any updates on this I would really appreciate it.

After calling twice and speaking to two reps who also said they were unaware of the issue,  I finally gave up. I had paid TT already, but there is a form to request a refund. You can type in "refund for online software" and I finally found it in the search area within the tax filing section.  

I received a refund within 2 days,  and filed with H & R Block online.  Was $23 cheaper,  and actually somehow got back more in my refund on their site! I've loved TurboTax for years, but this year I couldn't wait any longer. 

JUST FILED! It seems to be working finally!!

As the creator of this post, I would like to mention that I successfully filed my taxes on HR Block on the 1st with absolutely no issue. I got completely tired of waiting (as my patience runs very thin).

AND, today I have received my state refund already. But obviously federal returns probably won't be issued for another few weeks.

If anyone here is still experiencing problems and still haven't filed their returns yet, I would recommend HR Block. 

"Don't delay, file today!!" lol.

Looks like this problem was fixed in yesterday's updates.  Mine was fixed, anyway.

IT IS FIXED! Wahoo!

Excellent!  Just filed.  Thanks to everyone for your support and to TurboTax for the quick resolution.  Hopefully TurboTax will learn from this.

jm3
Level 2

Thank you!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies