Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I cannot continue my Federal Taxes (QTP)

The lack of information by TT on this issue is pathetic. I called the support center and nobody is aware of this issue or has a good explanation when it will be resolved. 

My figures are correct and still won’t let me file. So frustrating because my friend using an accountant is not having an issue and I searched irs and nothing about it. Seems like a glitch and when I call turbo tax they are useless and the person I spoke with just read off the stuff on this page. I already paid and she was refusing a refund. I’m not happy and still unable to file. Did you find any resolve? 

Per the irs site the form is available now as an automated version only therefore it sounds like a turbo tax issue and it need to be fixed ASAP so that people can file.  You state it is the iRS  and it is not.

termlee

Can you link the IRS website page that states this information? I agree that this now just sounds like an TurboTax issue.

TT is being Stupid and lying....it is THEIR software...LOL....They going to lose customers this year /sad

Turbo Tax i s definitely slacking on this issue!

12 years in  row using their software and this is second time I've had to wait on them. Both times it was into February and I feel that is unexcuseable when other programs work just fine. I will defintely be moving on from TT next year. 

This is not because of the issue moreso but because they are absolutely horrible at accepting their downfall and explaining things to the customers about the process going forward.  The customer service has went from them answering calls to them using the customers to provide answers to each other on this board!

I called once again yesterday, and was told I would NOT get a notification as to when the form would be ready, and to check the forum for updates.  Ridiculous!!

check the forum? hillarious!!!!

dle5

I am getting the same error, however only on (1) of the (3) tax returns I am working on for my kids.  ALl three are currently in college.   I have entered the 1099Q's exactly the same way, however when looking at the Form 1099-Q Summary for each return, the one with the QTP issue has "0's" for line 18, "Education expenses not used as basis for credits" and 19, "Non-taxable QTP distributions.  Whereas, for the others, these amounts match box 1 and box 2 on the 1099-Q, respectively.   Why is that?  I'm trying to get these all done and I am not sure what to do.  Two of the tree kids were in college last year so I am entering info just as I did last tax year and have the 2018 comparable amounts in the "deductions" section so I know I am entering it in the correct location.  All distributions were used for educational expenses.   Please advise.  

After years of using TaxAct I decided to try TurboTax.  I’ve already paid for it and am regretting my decision.  This is ridiculous.

I gave up and just filed no problem with taxslayer (yes, I had to type in everything again. . . . .  I have used turbotax for years but this is a deal breaker for me in their lack of response to our collective questions and requests for information. 

I will be seeking a refund as I already paid turbotax, but couldn't stand the stress of waiting any longer!  I just want them DONE!

Good luck, everyone! 

I had exact same issue...I checked for several days to see if TT had fixed this issue, of course they have not as of Feb 1st.

So I just went ahead & filed successful, first time, with H&R Block online, no problems.

I just filed on HR Block without an issue. have used Turbo Tax for over 10 years and will never use them again. 

Congress recently passed a new law (yes, they actually agreed on something!!) called the SECURE act that amends many of the rules related to 529 and cloverdale education accounts. It also changed things that impact 401k's to try to make it easier to save for college and retirement.

They have to update the programs for the new rules as I believe certain aspects of the changes were effective retroactively. I have no idea why it is holding up the 529 calculation but it is possible the form is just not ready yet. One of my forms was only finalized Monday.

It doesn't get you filed, but it at least explains why you can't. Check again on Monday.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies