turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

latwonia

How do I get certification by the Maryland Higher Education Commission for the Student Loan Debt Relief Credit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PattiF
Expert Alumni

How do I get certification by the Maryland Higher Education Commission for the Student Loan Debt Relief Credit?

In order to apply for the Student Loan Debt Relief Tax Credit, you would need to apply between July 1, 2021 and September 15, 2021. 

Here is some information about the program in 2020: Maryland Student Loan Debt Relief Tax Credit.

This is the webpage used to apply in 2020 How to Apply

Be sure to check back for up to date information before the submission period opens on July 1, 2021.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

For the 2020 tax year, it looks like turbotax allows for the certificate of approval for the Maryland Student Loan Relief Tax Credit to be uploaded as a pdf and then filed electronically.  Is this correct?  This was not possible for tax year 2019.

Also, where if the pdf of the certificate of approval stored in the tubotax file?

Thanks.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Yes this is correct. To do so save the credit document as a pdf first, then upload it as in the pic image.png.

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies