Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8606-T missing "Ready Soon"

My return is awaiting you to add "Individual Form 8606-T, Nondeductable IRAs" to Turbotax Deluxe.  I've signed up for an email notification but have not heard anything.  When will you be adding Form 8606-T to Turbotax Deluxe so I can finish and file my return?

I'm waiting on you.

R Stuart

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I was just told available 2/20/2020!!!  It is a simple SW fix where in on line 10 of the 8606 requires 3 decimal places for the number and turbotax/intuit has it defaulting to 5.....very easy SW fix.  HR Block, IRS all have the form available - it is a software issue on turbo's side.  

View solution in original post

That is a real kick in the pants.  I have been ready to file since the 30th and i am just sitting here waiting on Turbo tax to get it ready. 

View solution in original post

18 Replies

It is scheduled for release tomorrow by midnight 2/12 (estimated date).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I was just told available 2/20/2020!!!  It is a simple SW fix where in on line 10 of the 8606 requires 3 decimal places for the number and turbotax/intuit has it defaulting to 5.....very easy SW fix.  HR Block, IRS all have the form available - it is a software issue on turbo's side.  

Where you able to actually talk to someone? 

I tried calling in and couldn’t get a single living person. 

yes I did talk to someone; not much information as she was waiting for supervisor to respond to all my questions.

That is a real kick in the pants.  I have been ready to file since the 30th and i am just sitting here waiting on Turbo tax to get it ready. 

KurtL1
Expert Alumni

We have been notified that Form 8606 is going out in this week's release. The Form Availability  will be updated by end of today showing the exact date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Still has not updated 

dcrowder5

IRS website says the form will be available 2/14/2020 and turbotax says they should have it ready 24 hours after the IRS releases it. So theoretically, we can FINALLY file 2/15/2020.. Hopefully.

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

dcrowder5

Update: 

Went to check on my filing and it no longer mentions me needing that form so it might be ready now?

@dcrowder5 wrote:

IRS website says the form will be available 2/14/2020 and turbotax says they should have it ready 24 hours after the IRS releases it. So theoretically, we can FINALLY file 2/15/2020.. Hopefully.

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

The update to the desktop software on 02/12/2020 included the finalized Form 8606.  The online editions should also have updated for the Form 8606.  

It is not known why TurboTax removed the Form 8606 or has not restored the Form 8606 on the website for IRS forms availability.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

It is in the Download/CD update that was available in the early evening yesterday, February 12 and should be in the online version today as well. 

If you're not seeing it yet, please clear browser cookies and cache and if you still get an error or don't see the form available, can you please let me know which version of TurboTax you are using? 

I would like to look into this as soon as possible if you are still experiencing a problem! 

@dcrowder5 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was able to file

I was just able to file.  It looks like Form 8606 has been fixed and return is able to be completed and e-filed.

I'm using the Windows CD version of Turbo Tax and this is all I get no matter how many times I've updated!turbo tax snip.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies