If you are referring to the standard meal allowance you can follow these instructions. All other expenses for traveling away from home for work are based on the actual amount paid for your tax return deductions.
- Amount of standard meal allowance. The standard meal allowance is the federal M&IE rate. For travel in 2016, the rate for most small localities in the United States is $51 a day.
- While you are logged into your TurboTax Deluxe Account
- My Account > Tools > Topic Search
- Type meals, select self-employed or as employee
- Continue to make your entries
June 5, 2019 10:41 PM
Still have questions?Make a post