Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trinlaff

My parents did not get stimulus money for me lastyear and i was stillin high school turned 19 in dec 2020 and i did not get the stimulus either???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My parents did not get stimulus money for me lastyear and i was stillin high school turned 19 in dec 2020 and i did not get the stimulus either???

Parents do not receive stimulus checks for children older than 16.   If your parents claimed you as a dependent for 2020 then you are still not eligible for a stimulus check---dependents do not receive stimulus checks.

If you were in high school in 2020 that means you were a full-time student for 2020 and your parents can claim you as a dependent for 2020.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Here's who won't get a stimulus check:

• Children who are 17 or 18 years old.
  • Many college students between the ages of 19 to 23.
  • Adults who can be claimed as dependents.
  • Nonresident aliens (in other words, those without a green card).
  • Estates. 
  • Individuals who earn more than $99,000 or married couples earning more than $198,000.
  • People who haven't filed 2018 and 2019 tax returns.

Who's a "child"?

Older children are excluded because the bill relies on a tax-code definition of "child" that states a "qualifying child ... has not attained age 17." In other words, many high school juniors and seniors and their families won't receive a $500 check from the stimulus bill.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies