turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My loan got transferred form Citi to Cenlar for servicing. So I got two 1098 forms. TT added them & now total loan is > limit and TT adj mort interest down for CA by 8700

How do I fix that? Because it is the same loan, both the load amounts should not be added. How do I get TT to fix that?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My loan got transferred form Citi to Cenlar for servicing. So I got two 1098 forms. TT added them & now total loan is > limit and TT adj mort interest down for CA by 8700

Delete both 1098 forms and start over ... you must enter the forms in the order they were active and indicate that the mortgage was taken over ... it is not a new loan or a second mortgage. 

Carl
Level 15

Delete both forms.

Then enter the original loan 1098 first.

Next, enter the 2nd 1098. You'll come to a screen that will specifically and explicitly ask you, "Is this the original loan that you took out to purchase the property?" You *MUST* select YES. If you select NO, then that's exactly the same as saying you took out another loan *IN ADDITION* to the original loan.

IMHO, this question is poorly written. 

If a loan was transferred from one lender to another - who would declare the 2nd loan to be the "original loan" --- no one.  Yet this is how we are supposed to answer.

When I came across this question - I saw no correct answer to the question because it was neither the original loan, nor was it a HELOC or a refinance.

This is strike 2 on my TT experience this year...

Grrrrrr...

😉

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies