turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a student version of Turbotax to where I can teach high school students how to file their taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is there a student version of Turbotax to where I can teach high school students how to file their taxes?

I'll try and connect you with someone who can help. But frankly, I would teach them to do it on paper.  Until you get into running a small business or some of the odd deductions and credits, a basic tax return should be easy for anyone to do on paper and it's a shame more people don't try.  The IRS publishes scenarios in their e-file instructions that companies are supposed to use to validate the software results, you could use some of the simpler versions of those.

Or contact the IRS or VITA.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I'll try and connect you with someone who can help. But frankly, I would teach them to do it on paper.  Until you get into running a small business or some of the odd deductions and credits, a basic tax return should be easy for anyone to do on paper and it's a shame more people don't try.  The IRS publishes scenarios in their e-file instructions that companies are supposed to use to validate the software results, you could use some of the simpler versions of those.

Or contact the IRS or VITA.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies