If I am a high school student who works part-time,...

nrodrigu22

If I am a high school student who works part-time, what should I put under occupation? Does "student" mean only college or high school as well?

I am 16 years old and am in high school, I started working part-time after school in order to make some money, but I am unaware as to how I should show my occupation.

Put anything you want.  Student is good.  It's not important.

You can say student or you can use whatever title you have at work.  The IRS only uses "occupation" for statistical purposes; it will have no effect at all on your tax refund.

Since this is your first tax return--be SURE that in My Info when it asks you if you can be claimed as someone else's dependent, say YES that you can be claimed.  At your age, your parents can claim you as a dependent even though you earned some money.

Hal_Al

Enter Student-dependent