How do I know if my aid includes amounts not award...

How do I know if my aid includes amounts not awarded for 2019 expenses on my 1098-T? The value of military tuition assistance and pell was higher than tuition.

You know that from your own records. Basically, you have your answer: the value of military tuition assistance and pell was higher than tuition.  Tuition, fees and course materials (books, computers and software) are qualified expenses. Room and board are not.

I should specify more now that I'm not limited by the number of characters. I am being asked the question  "Did Your Aid Include Amounts Not Awarded for 2019 Expenses?" It states that schools sometimes will NOT report education expenses and the corresponding scholarship income on the same year's Form 1098-T." Would I select yes or no from that option, and if yes, how would I know how much of what I earned was not designated for 2019 expenses; the example makes it look as if it means that some scholarship money was meant for the previous year.

Yes, it is common that  some scholarship money was meant for the previous or (more likely)  upcoming year.  Usually the school's billing statements will show that.