To enter, edit or delete estimated taxes paid (Federal, State, Local) -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Deductions and Credits
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
- On Estimates, click on the start or update button
Or enter estimates paid in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to estimates paid
Or click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.
Click on Tools
Click on Topic Search
Type in estimated tax payments, click on GO
Federal estimated taxes paid are entered on Form 1040 Line 26
You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find and it will give you a link to Jump To it.
To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in January for the prior year, go to
Federal on left or at top. Personal (Home & Business)
Deductions and Credits at top
Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
Estimated Taxes - click the start button
For 2020 Federal Estimated payments should be on 1040 line 26.