Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Sch K-1 For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported. When will subsequent release date?

@smitch22 wrote:

The message I am getting online is "Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporations (businessremoved): Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited. For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported. This will be enabled in a subsequent release."

You might want to contact Support (link below) for that message in order to get information on when the update is scheduled to occur.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Sch K-1 For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported. When will subsequent release date?

I'm getting the same error and I'm all up-to-date. 

Same issue here. Very annoying.

Jeryl

I updated today and got the latest updates but continue to have the same error.

I am getting exactly the message "Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (MY COMPANY"S NAME): Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited. For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported. This will be enabled in a subsequent release."

Does anyone know when the release will be available? And will it fix the issue?

Same issue. I have another thread running on the board with the same problem. None of us have been able to file even though we're all updated. 

gforce3s
Returning Member

Same issue here. Using online premiere version, and unable to e-file do to this even though the 8995-A form claims to be available. Very frustrating. 

I am still having this issue as well.  I installed the update that was released today, but I still receive the error stating that it will be fixed in a subsequent release.

When will this be fixed?

New day, same error message. I called support and they didn't really have an answer. Did anyone find a resolution? 

Same issue as all others above, still a problem after being told 2/20 update would resolve.

Frustrating.

Will users be notified when this release is published? If so, how? If not, do we just keep trying every day?

New date according to IRS = 2/28

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

See form 8995-A date. 

sidehill

Same problem.  I thought someone from TT use to come on and reply to questions like this???????????

Where are they when you need them?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Here is the latest updates on when the forms will be released by the IRS. Please review this IRS link. for information on the latest updates. Looks like 2/28/2020 for the 8995A form. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Here is how I got QBI to calculate for k-1 income from S-Corp. Turbo Tax Business (CD). I checked box 1 (put income amount in it) and box 17 (marked v and left amount field blank). A few screens later labeled We need some information about your 199a income or loss. I checked the box - "company name" has ordinary business income. (fill in income amount) and if you have w2 income for the business also check that box and fill in the w2 income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies