turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season

Hello,

I am trying to efile my S Corp and C Corp returns of 2019 as of Jan 25, 2020 and getting this error message - "you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season". Everything is correct is on my computer. Can you please help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

66 Replies
Luvs2play62
Returning Member

you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season

They gave same message about my personal tax returns> Why did you let me prepare them if you won't be transmitting them?

SAME message for S-Corp.. So frustrating with no answers!

@cajungirl337 wrote:

SAME message for S-Corp.. So frustrating with no answers!

Contact TurboTax support for this problem.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

I called and waiting for reply.. was told I would get a callback. never did. Then received notice that my case was closed!! lol

SOOO I found the answer MYSELF!  Google rocks for this.. 

here ya go:

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/irs-announces-e-file-open-day-be-the-first-in-line-for-you...

Would have been SO  NICE and saved SO  MUCH TIME if this info came up in the error message when trying to file rather than the non-descript one that did, right? lol

Also having this issue. I got on with support and the woman had me hold for 10 minutes to find a solution and then hung up on me.

Does it solve the problem? I still can not submit my 1120S with the same error message. Possibly TT s-corp filing opens tomorrow?

Finally I was able to speak with TurboTax and they told me that IRS is expected to provide remaining forms by tomorrow and once the software is updated, the 1120s can be efiled likely tomorrow evening. 

As of 4:57 Central time on 01/27/2020, i still can not efile my S-corp returns. Was any one able to submit their business 1120S?

Same Here. No luck. I got an email saying the S corp forms are ready, logged in and tried e-filing but no luck. 7:10 pm CST 1-27-2020

tomhorton

Still no luck in transmitting my S-Corp forms as of 11:00 pm PST 1/27/2020

MYP
Level 1

I am getting the same message as of January 28, 2019 for an 1120S return.  I've been trying for several days. When will we be able to efile?

MYP
Level 1

As of 2am CST on January 28, 2019, I'm still getting the same message.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies