Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is my Uber 1099-NEC different from what I actually got paid?

After reviewing my Uber Annual Tax Summary and comparing to the 1099-NEC, I noticed that the box 1 of "Nonemployee compensation" matches my Total Additional Earnings and not my total Gross Payment which is significant more. In fact, my Gross Payment is the sum of both my Gross Trip Earnings and Total Additional Earnings. I am concern because the net payout that was deposited in my bank account is a lot more than just my Total Additional Earnings, which is the amount on box 1 of the 1099-NEC.

Which amount do I report, the amount on the 1099-NEC (which significantly less) or the net payout that actually earned (which is more, but not on the 1099-NEC)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

daa
Level 3

hi! does the difference as shown on tax summary have to be reported as cash income?

thank you

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

You would report the income as 1099-NEC income. Please see the screenshot below. Your box 1 amount is your income. If they took money from that amount for their internal costs, then that is an expense to you. If you paid anything over and above that amount, then that is also an expense to you.

daa
Level 3

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies