Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where in tt Business step-by-step are entries made which result in the appropriate symbols and dollar values placed in line 12 "Other Deductions" of the Schedule K-1?

There are values placed in the Schedule K-1 created by tt business last year 2018.  As far as I can tell I have made the same entries in tt business for this year 2019 but the Other Deductions Line 12 of the K-1 for 2019 is blank while the same document for 2018 had entries
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where in tt Business step-by-step are entries made which result in the appropriate symbols and dollar values placed in line 12 "Other Deductions" of the Schedule K-1?

Did you look at the screenshot? You need to check the box that you want to compute Schedule M-2. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Have you checked page 3 (Schedule K under Deductions) in Forms Mode? The entries in that section should propagate to your K-1.

Thank you for your response.  Let me ask my question a different way.  Can you tell me where in tt Business Step-by-Step am I entering values  that result in the entries shown on line 16 of Schedule K-1, or that result in the entry shown on line 16d ("Distributions (attach statement if required) ").of the "Items Affecting Shareholder Basis" section of Form 1120S?  Is the amount shown in these two areas derived by applying some mathematical formula or is the amount shown in these two areas taken directly from an entry I made somewhere in the tt Step-byStep?  If so where did I make this entry.  Thank you again for your time.

You make those entries in Step-by-Step as depicted in the screens in the screenshots below.

sdist.pngsdist2.png

Note that you have to indicate you want to compute Schedule M-2 on page 5 of your 1120-S.

m.png

Again, thank you for your time.  What I am getting stuck with is that I would like tt Business to make an entry on line 16 ("Items affecting shareholder basis") of Schedule K-1 such that it has a code of "D"  with a dollar amount.  tt Business did this for me on the 2018 product but it did not using the 2019 product.  I'm stuck trying to find what entries I should make in the tt Business Step-by-Step that will produce this entry on line 16 of the K-1 document with a  code of "D" and a dollar amount.  I have selected the r"yes" radio button on the "Distributions to the Shareholder" page in tt as you shown on the pic you provided earlier, but this did not make any difference in the generated K-1 document. 

Did you look at the screenshot? You need to check the box that you want to compute Schedule M-2. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies