nateg

Where do I enter a K1?

MichelleT

Where do I enter a K1?

The schedule K-1 is actually created in TurboTax Business when filing a business return for your LLC, S Corp, C Corp or trust.

To enter a Schedule K-1 (If you already have received a K-1 and need to enter it )

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal if using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income if using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown) or Add more income
  • Scroll down to S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts, click show more, 
  • On Schedule K-1, click on the start or update button

Note: You may be prompted to upgrade to Premier, if you are using the Federal Free version of TurboTax.

MichelleT

Where do I enter a K1?

YahWehLikes68

Where do I enter a K1?

If I have 10 K-1s to enter for 2019 that were the same as ones from 2018, turbo tax prompts me for each one.  Is there a way to skip to one I want to work on?

MinhT1

Where do I enter a K1?

@YahWehLikes68

If you wish to skip a schedule K-1, just click Continue until you get to the end the K-1 entry.

You can always go back and edit the skipped K-1 later.

kelilynn65078

Where do I enter a K1?

Which download version do I need to be able to enter my k-1 i received for 2020. Does the deluxe version let you enter k-1 you have received?

JeffreyR77

Where do I enter a K1?

The Desktop/CD version of TurboTax Basic or Deluxe will allow you to enter K1 income. 

TurboTax online you will need Premier or above.

frankdbradley

Where do I enter a K1?

I read the replies posted here and they are confusing. 

For tax year 2021 which Turbotax software version do I need to enter income from a K-1 form?

The replies to my question contradict each other. One states Premier, another states Deluxe, yet another state Home or Business.

Why does there need to be different version online that does the same as a desktop version?

I have struggled with this answer for years because Turbotax makes it too complicated to determine.  Bad business!

Note I have been reading and searching online for over 30 minutes trying to determine this answer and still haven't found a solid answer.

Vanessa A

Where do I enter a K1?

A Schedule K-1 can be entered into Premier or Home and Business. In the desktop version, you could also enter it directly in forms mode in Deluxe, but it is not recommended. There is no guidance in Deluxe for the Schedule K-1.

If you are looking for the interview mode, you can use Premier or Home and Business for the K-1.

frankdbradley

Where do I enter a K1?

Thanks for the strong reply. Please clarify which "desktop " 2021 TurboTax software options work best for entering income. 

Vanessa A

Where do I enter a K1?

That depends on your tax situation.  Home and Business handles the most tax situations, so if you are going to deduct something like a self-employed retirement plan or self-employed health insurance, then Home and Business would be best for you.

Having a Schedule K-1, Home and Business may work best for you. 

frankdbradley

Where do I enter a K1?

Thanks for you fast reply. 

The Home and Business software is the one I had purchased. Now I'm confident it's the one I need to complete my 2021 tax return.

Where do I enter a K1?

The Desktop Home & Business version is the highest version.   It has everything all the other versions have.  Actually All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

To enter a K-1 in the Home & Business version go to

Personal

Personal Income

Choose  I'll choose what I work on

Then scroll way down to Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income

Schedule K-1 - Click the Start or Update button

Be sure to pick the right kind of K-1. There are 3 kinds, 1041, 1065 & 1120S

Enter each K-1 Separately.