Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

So, I have purchased the TurboTax personal edition (Home & Business) to complete my personal tax return and Schedule K-1.  But the Schedule K-1 is not available.

The estimated release date within the program is not always the most recent. According to the Forms Availability Table, Schedule K-1 should be ready for input on February 21, 2024. We recommend that you wait until the next day to update TurboTax (if using the desktop version) then retry the K-1 entries.

@MarkH11

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
North512

So, I have purchased the TurboTax personal edition (Home & Business) to complete my personal tax return and Schedule K-1.  But the Schedule K-1 is not available.

Are you saying it will be available until the 21st now!??

@PatriciaV

Until recently, the Forms Availability Table indicated a completion date of 2/14.  In the past week or so, it was extended to 2/21.  Of course the concern now is whether that date will stick or be extended again.

North512

Frustrating closing on SFH on March 30th I need to file my 1065 in order to close never had issues with TurboTax for 6 years this will likely be my last time using this program ridiculous!

Sorry, no, that is non-responsive. I checked the forms update table three weeks ago (not inside the desktop app) and it said it would be available 02/14/2024. But when I checked the same web page today, it was inexplicably changed to 02/21/2024. I signed up to be notified when it was available by email but they never send me an email saying the update was delayed. I have ZERO confidence they will make the new and improved date. I just got off the phone with Intuit customer service and they claimed it affected all their products including the online version and that, if 02/21/2024 came and went without the updated form, I would just have to "be patient." Sorry. Wrong answer.  Someone in senior levels of Intuit management needs to step up right now and intervene to provide immediate support for the thousands (or even millions) of TurboTax customers whose returns are being held ransom due to inexplicable software defects. At the very least, they need to send am informative broadcast email to all those who signed up for updates of this form as to what the TRUTH of the issue is and what is being done to fix it. I deserve to know if I need to jump ship from TurboTax after using it every year for most of my adult life, but certainly the last 25 years.

Still not available today, 2/14/24. I am about to use another service. If it isn't available tomorrow, 2/15/24, I am going to see what tax software has it. They are all the same.

Doesn't matter. Turbo tax isn't updated to accept it as of today 2/14/24. I need to be done and I'm just waiting on this. If it's not ready tomorrow, I will have to use another provider.

Agreed. I am checking out h and r block. 

I'm going to research as well, but can we all report back on what other places you find that has it. This is ridiculous. I think they are going to extend it every week until April 15 and I don't have time for the game. I called and they told me they are waiting on a "recent federal law update regarding the form". When I know that's not true because on the federal government's site the form is there and ready to be printed/used. 

"they told me they are waiting on a 'recent federal law update regarding the form'."

Of course, that's absolute BS. They are clueless and are just making stuff up. Hey, here's an idea for Intuit... put the form you have out there for use. If you ever do get that mysterious "federal law update," just push out an updated form to the application. No way can the IRS bust you if you use the best instructions available when you file. I mean, I don't recall a time when opening that desktop app when it DOESN'T inform me it's updating the software and/or forms before taking me to my return. Of course, after that update, it's great (until the next update) but what about returns filed before... using the obsolete forms you just updated. Seems like the program should KNOW that just-updated form was in your return and that you may need to file and amended return. But I think Intuit is being run by a couple of teenagers out of their garage who are sending all our money to the Isle of Man as fast as it can get there, so they don't have any time or money left to hire professionals to manage life-cycle product development and support.

This is getting repetitive and annoying. Last Year, I couldn't file my LLC's tax return because of some New York Form not being available until the first week of March.

Same exact situation. I'm also getting tired of it too and it may be time to move on.

I'm pretty sure Turbo Tax even charges more money the further you delay filing your taxes too. Maybe its just a ploy to steal our money? Lol

This is ridiculous. I absolutely have to file my taxes before I leave town on the 25th and worked my tail off getting our business return done to prepare in time. I need the my state refund asap, which will process quickly once submitted. This better be out by next week or I will switch my business to another tax software. I will also be demanding a refund for this year's TurboTax purchase.

I checked out h and r block online and it not only imported info from last year for me, it allows me to enter my k-1 info. I will update tomorrow after I input this year's info AGAIN, seeing as I already did everything on TurboTax except k-1. The cost is about the same as TurboTax....

Started h and r block today and it allowed me to input k-1 info. I will report back after I finish with them and attempt to file.

I signed up for Tax Slayer and noticed their K-1 is missing a couple entries that are on my K-1. Box 4c I have an amount listed, and Box 19 I have an A with an amount. Both of those have no place to enter the info.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies