Business & farm

"they told me they are waiting on a 'recent federal law update regarding the form'."

Of course, that's absolute BS. They are clueless and are just making stuff up. Hey, here's an idea for Intuit... put the form you have out there for use. If you ever do get that mysterious "federal law update," just push out an updated form to the application. No way can the IRS bust you if you use the best instructions available when you file. I mean, I don't recall a time when opening that desktop app when it DOESN'T inform me it's updating the software and/or forms before taking me to my return. Of course, after that update, it's great (until the next update) but what about returns filed before... using the obsolete forms you just updated. Seems like the program should KNOW that just-updated form was in your return and that you may need to file and amended return. But I think Intuit is being run by a couple of teenagers out of their garage who are sending all our money to the Isle of Man as fast as it can get there, so they don't have any time or money left to hire professionals to manage life-cycle product development and support.