turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I own my own business - S Corp. I get a W2 and Schedule K. Have some expenses I need to file on personal taxes. Can I do that on turbo tax self employed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I own my own business - S Corp. I get a W2 and Schedule K. Have some expenses I need to file on personal taxes. Can I do that on turbo tax self employed?

Yes but all you need is Premier if you use the Online version  or  any of the Downloaded Versions. 

Not sure what "personal expenses " you are talking about then any of the paid programs can handle the Sch A.

But if you think you can take employee business expenses on a personal return then those are not allowed from 2018 thru 2025. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes but all you need is Premier if you use the Online version  or  any of the Downloaded Versions. 

Not sure what "personal expenses " you are talking about then any of the paid programs can handle the Sch A.

But if you think you can take employee business expenses on a personal return then those are not allowed from 2018 thru 2025. 

Thank you.  This answered my question.  Last tax year I had 1099 MISC.  This year I only had W2 and Schedule K.

Am I right that next tax year I can file using Turbo Tax Premier and I no longer need to use TT Self Employed?

Again if you use the ONLINE program you need at least  the Premier to handle the K-1 form  OR  you can use ANY of the downloaded versions.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies