turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jaja2
Returning Member

Has anyone else received only part of their stimulus

I only received an amount for half of my family. I had the same issue with the 1st and second stimulus and had to wait until I filed my 2020 taxes to get the remainder of my stimulus. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It is best to check the rules for the third stimulus to know what to expect. These are different from the first and second stimulus.

If you are married filing jointly, the stimulus payment is reduced when the adjusted gross income is between $150,000 and $160,000. For adjusted gross income amounts over $160,000, there is no stimulus.

To calculate what to expect, use this stimulus calculator.

For more information, see: Stimulus payment resources for your 2020 taxes

The rules for each of the three stimulus payments also differ as to whether they can be seized (and by whom) for past due debts.

jaja2
Returning Member

Yes I used the stimulus calculator. I am aware of the rules. The issue is that I am only getting half of the stimulus payment due to an error on turbo tax's part. I filed my 2020 taxes and had to do the rebate for the 1st and 2nd stimulus and it was approved. For some reason it is not going off of my amended return.

jaja2
Returning Member

Thank you I did see that the bank account that it is depositedin can be froze and collectedby debt collectors. This has happened on each stimulus and it is that they are only giving me half the amount for half of my family. Example: A family of four that makes 20,000 a year. Husband and wife with two kids they give them 2800. No debt no collections.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies